- Kool-ex, building on its pharma Cold Chain transportation expertise, is now entering into warehousing, secondary distribution, passive packaging and blockchain for Pharma, making it an end to end Pharma Supply Chain player.
- Unique asset-light deal for Kool-ex with Indospace to create pan-India pharma dedicated warehouse network, combining the network & muscle of Indospace with pharma domain knowledge of Kool-ex
- Warehouse transaction deal between Kool-ex and Indospace led by CREDBERG Advisors
- Plans to set up 10-11 warehouses in the next three years making it the largest Cold Store footprint in the country
- Kool-ex has partnered with Indospace, the largest investor, developer and manager of industrial real estate and warehousing in India, to build customized, GDP/GWP compliant, temperature controlled, Pharma Distribution Centres across the country. Indospace has one of the largest pan-India footprint of Grade A warehouses in the country, and the partnership with Kool-ex will enable Indospace to venture into pharma warehousing.
Mumbai, February 14, 2019: As part of this unique asset-light deal, Kool-ex and Indospace will jointly design and set up three warehouses in the first phase by 2021 in proximity to Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore. At 42,000 pallet positions in each warehouse, each of these warehouses will be the largest standalone Cold Chain Facility in the country.
While making the announcement, Mr. Rahul Agarwal, Director, Kool-ex Warehousing Limited said, “We aspire to become the largest dedicated player in the Pharma warehousing space offering over 10-11 GDP/GWP compliant, multi-client, pharma distribution centres over the next three years. With a unique combination of primary and secondary distribution, warehousing, Passive Packaging and blockchain, we are moving towards the ambition of becoming the preferred full stack supply chain solutions partner to pharma industry. Our focus continues on offering high quality integrated solutions as well as flexibility in adapting to pharma industry’s specific requirements with a pay-per-use model. There is a huge opportunity to consolidate and optimize distribution network to reduce logistics costs. We are building these solutions taking into consideration the expected growth and consolidation in pharma, and are leveraging our years of knowledge, capabilities of our dedicated teams and guidance of seasoned pharma advisors. We are also augmenting our resources to capitalize on these growth opportunities.”
These warehouses will enable consolidation in fragmented Pharma distribution, efficiency in operations, reduction in inventory, reduced handling losses, compliance & cost optimization, besides complete visibility in the chain. Furthermore, these will be certified Green Warehouses with 100% solar back up. Kool-ex was advised by CREDBERG Advisors in forging this partnership with Indospace.
Mr. Agarwal further added that “The Indospace deal is highly opportune, not only for us but also for the whole industry. Final draft guidelines issued by Ministry of Health coupled by the unprecedent COVID impact, makes it pertinent to bring more focus around quality, hygiene, visibility & sustainability.. Indospace, with their pan-India network, echoed our vision of creating first-of-its kind, world class pharma storage in India. These units will be equipped with a modern, state-of-the-art temperature controlling system that will ensure the safety of sensitive cargo based on Good Distribution Practice (GDP) and Good Warehousing Practice (GWP).”
Commenting on the partnership, Mr. Rajesh Jaggi, Vice Chairman - Rreal Eestate, Everstone Group said, “We are delighted to partner with Kool-Ex as they venture into temperature-controlled warehousing. The amalgamation of IndoSpace’s warehousing expertise along with Kool-Ex’s cold chain logistics ecosystem will help in building the state- of- the-art infrastructure to support the growing needs of cold chain pharma warehousing and distribution in India. ”